RFQ - Construction Manager
Request for Qualifications
Dyersburg Head Start/EHS
113 Rawles Ave.
Dyersburg, Tennessee 38358
Northwest TN Economic Development Council, a non-profit organization, is accepting Statements of Qualifications from interested and qualified construction managers to provide construction manager services, with guaranteed maximum pricing, for the construction of the projects addressed here.
The delivery method required is commonly known as construction manager at risk. During the pre-construction phase the construction manager will collaborate with the architect and owner on the design, constructability, cost and schedule of the projects, and develop a guaranteed maximum price proposal to complete the project. If the GMP proposal is approved, the construction manager will develop and maintain project schedules, develop bid packages, oversee construction, warrant the completeness of the project, and generally oversee the project to completion.
The construction manager will be held responsible for providing pre-construction and construction services per the terms of the standard AIA Document A133TM – 2019 – Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager as Constructor, where the basis of payment is the Cost of the Work Plus a Fee with a Guaranteed Maximum Price.
The owner will choose the firm that the owner believes to be in the best interest of Northwest TN Economic Development Council. The owner may choose to conduct interviews. The owner may reject any or even all proposals. The firm must hold all necessary licenses to perform construction management services in the state of Tennessee.
Proposals Should Include:
1. Full Legal Name and Contact Information for the Firm
2. A Description of the Firm Including Years of Experience, Number of Employees, Types of Projects Normally Undertaken, Special Skills or Unique Abilities for this project, and Any Awards Received
3. Evidence of Necessary License / Licenses to Perform Construction Management Work in Tennessee
4. Evidence of Capacity to Add This Work to Current Work being Completed by the Firm
5. Evidence of Experience in Performing Work Similar to that Described in this Document for these Projects
6. Owner References
7. Evidence of Bonding Ability (Bid Bond State Law Requirements)
8. Description of Duties Performed in the Past on Similar Projects
9. Description of Proposed Staff and Plans to Team with the Owner and Architect During Design, Bidding, Construction, and Close Out.
10. Explanation of Proposed Fee Structure and Items of Costs that Are Included and Those Not Included.
11. Explanation of Reimbursables and Costs of Same
The building is approximately 15,216 sf of new construction, consisting of slab on grade and three different construction types:
1. a PEMB gym, classrooms and business area.
2. Classrooms and business areas are load bearing metal stud walls with wood trusses.
3. FEMA shelter – CMU fully reinforced with thick concrete slab above and FEMA doors.
The construction is type III-b, non-sprinklered.
The site work consists of re-grading, new asphalt parking area, concrete sidewalks and landscaping design.
Instructions for Submitting
Interested firms should submit 10 hard copies to Tracy Webb, Facilities Administrator at 938C Walnut Ave. McKenzie, TN 38201 before 4 pm September 10th, 2020.
Direct RFQ questions to Tracy Webb, Facilities Administrator at the above address or by phone 731-352-6538. The architectural firm for the project is TLM Associates in Jackson, TN – Marietta Haywood is the project manager.
PDF of preliminary drawings are available upon request.