Head Start/Early Head Start Director
The Board of Directors of Northwest Tennessee Economic Development Council is actively seeking a qualified individual for the position of Program Director for the Head Start/Early Head Start Program. The Head Start/Early Head Start Program operates in the thirteen county service areas of Benton, Carroll, Crockett, Dyer, Fayette, Gibson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Obion, Madison, Tipton and Weakley counties. The central administrative office is located in McKenzie, Tennessee, Carroll County. The individual in this position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following areas:
- Provide administrative oversight of the Head Start/Early Head Start Program, including early childhood development and health services, family and community partnerships and program design and management;
- Supervise, motivate and train other Head Start/Early Head Start staff;
- Fiscal responsibility with program budget, reviewing financial statements, monitoring funding resources to support program services and ensure integrity;
- Prepare Head Start/Early Head Start Program grants;
- Maintain systems to ensure performance accountability throughout the entire program;
- Serve as an advocate for the Head Start/Early Head Start program, promoting good public relations by serving on boards, committees and participating in community activities and encouraging community partnerships.
- Master’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major courses in early childhood education, Public Administration, Social Sciences or related field, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in supervision of staff, fiscal management, and administration required.
- Five years’ experience in Child Development Management or the operation of Head Start programs, preferred.
- Knowledge in principles of management, administration, human development and the learning process; previous senior level leadership, fiscal management, and supervisory experience are required;
- Knowledge in functions of social service agencies is required;
- Knowledge of state requirements and guidelines of Head Start regulations (preferred);
- Experience in working with a diverse team is a must; experience working with Board of Directors and policy councils (preferred);
- Effective interpersonal, communication, organizational and computer skills.
Salary: (Commensurate with credentials/experience)
Full Time – Excellent benefits
12 month/80 hour bi-weekly position (Exempt)
For Applications, you may contact the NWTEDC Human Resource Department by calling (731)364-4825 or you may download an application from the Careers page of the website at www.nwcommunityaction.org
Submit completed application w/ resume to:
Northwest TN Economic Development Council
Attn: Human Resource Department
231 South Wilson Street
Dresden, TN 38225
REF: Head Start/Early Head Start Director
For your convenience, you can email to: email@example.com. All applications must be signed.
Faxed applications will not be accepted
** Applications for this specific position will be accepted until
September 30, 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer!
"We Make a Difference!"